Beginning to end, this sweater took four weeks, although if I had all the right needles, and less terse instructions in the design, I may have polished it off in two. The pattern wasn’t difficult, but it definitely needed de-bugging. I’m not the first person to contact the designer about problems, but even after a year the pattern hasn’t been corrected or otherwise updated. Oh the woes of the softwear industry!
I did learn three new techniques in the course of this project: three-needle bind-offs, short-row shaping, and mattress stitch seaming. I got a bit carried away with the idea of using the three-needle bind-off as a seaming method and wasted a couple of evenings on the shoulders with this method and then unpicking it all when I realised that it was too rigid for these segments. It looked beautiful underneath, but the shoulders became very creased.